Accidents Will Happen (2) is the fifteenth episode of Season 3 of the Canadian television series, Degrassi: The Next Generation. It originally aired on February 9, 2004 on CTV Television and on August 26, 2006 on The N. The episode was written by story editors James Hurst and Nicole Demerse and directed by Eleanore Lindo. It shares its title with the song "Accidents Will Happen" by Elvis Costello.
Manny's pregnant and Craig wants her to keep it and to start a family with her; Emma wants her to give it up for adoption. But Manny's facing a decision about her future that no one else can make for her. Meanwhile, Liberty loves Sean. Sean loves bad girls. You can see where this is going.
Manny discovers that she is pregnant with Craig's child. Ashley, still bitter over Craig cheating on her with Manny, tells the whole school about Manny's pregnancy. When Manny and Craig fail miserably at taking care of Spike and Snake's baby, Jack, Manny realizes she's not ready to be a mother at 14 and gets an abortion, which Craig finds ridiculous.
- This episode is named after the song "Accidents Will Happen" by Elvis Costello.
- This episode features the third abortion in Degrassi history. The first was Erica Farrell in A New Start and the second was Tessa Campanelli, in School's Out!
- This episode marks the end of Craig and Manny's second relationship.
- Manny mentions that she aspires to be a fashion designer, though her dream later changes to wanting to become an actress.
- Towerz expresses a romantic interest in Liberty, and the two start a relationship.
- In the 2015 interview Straight Talk with Adamo Ruggiero, Jake Epstein said that people threw condoms at him after this episode was broadcast.
- Manny deals with her pregnancy, and makes the choice to have an abortion, even though it is against Craig's wishes.
- Liberty's crush on J.T. is still going strong after three years, but when he tells her he's not interested, she forms a rebound crush on Sean.
- Sean reveals that he was dumped by Amy Peters-Hoffman the previous weekend.
Regular Cast (Ordered Alphabetically)
- Sarah Barrable-Tishauer as Liberty Van Zandt
- Daniel Clark as Sean Cameron
- Lauren Collins as Paige Michalchuk
- Ryan Cooley as J.T. Yorke
- Jake Epstein as Craig Manning
- Stacey Farber as Ellie Nash
- Jake Goldsbie as Toby Isaacs
- Shane Kippel as Spinner Mason
- Miriam McDonald as Emma Nelson
- Melissa McIntyre as Ashley Kerwin
- Christina Schmidt as Terri MacGregor
- Cassie Steele as Manny Santos
- Amanda Stepto as Christine Nelson
- Tricia Brioux as Councellor
- Marie V. Cruz as Julietta Santos
- Travis Donegan as Towerz
- Mike Lobel as Jay Hogart
- Linlyn Lue as Laura Kwan
- Tom Melissis as Dom Perino
- Daniel Morrison as Chris Sharpe
- Craig:"This is what I want to do, Spin! You don't get it."
Spinner: "No, I don't at all."
Craig: "You've got a family, alright. I just stay in some guy's house. But Manny and the baby.. they're mine. They're for me."
- Liberty: "Oh, I'm edgy. I'm on fire."
Sean: "Liberty, you're about as edgy as a butter knife. I'm not interested in you, and I never will be. Got it?"
- Manny:"Craig, someday you're going to make a great dad, and someday I hope to be a mom. But right now's not someday."
- "Love Spoken Here" written by Michele Vice-Maslin & Robbie Buchanan
Father Figure (1) • Father Figure (2) • U Got the Look • Pride (1) • Pride (2) • Gangsta, Gangsta • Should I Stay or Should I Go? • Whisper to a Scream • Against All Odds • Never Gonna Give You Up • Holiday (1) • Holiday (2) • This Charming Man • Accidents Will Happen (1) • Accidents Will Happen (2) • Take On Me • Don't Dream It's Over • Rock and Roll High School • It's Raining Men • I Want Candy • Our House • The Power of Love