Dorothy is the cousin of Arthur Kobalewscuy and Stephanie Kaye. She started attending Degrassi Junior High in September 1988 at the start of the third season. She is shown to be friends with Tessa Campanelli.
Dorothy's role is parallel to that of Arthur in the first season. He was a little, seventh grader, who had no friends, and his sister did not acknowledge him. For Dorothy, telling her friends that Arthur was rich, and making bets on it is her thrill. She feels upset that Arthur does not acknowledge her, but she later makes her own friends, and does not need to cling to him as much.
She originally had a crush on Yick Yu, even asking Arthur if he liked her. After Yick's obvious disinterest in her, she gave up after a year.
- Although she is the younger cousin of Arthur and Stephanie, her last name is never revealed.
- She formerly had a crush on Yick.
- Dorothy and Arthur were the first cousins in the series. The second were Dave and Chantay. Like Dave was to Chantay, Dorothy was the embarrassing cousin to Arthur.
- She was played by Annabelle Waugh, the real life younger sister of Duncan Waugh who played Arthur.
- She used to have a pet rat.
- She is one of nine characters in the Degrassi Franchise who have been overweight, the others being:
|Dorothy-Yick Attraction||Arthur-Dorothy (Cousins)|