Fiona has been seeing a therapist to deal with the trauma of Bobby’s abuse, but when she gets overwhelmed with anxiety, she turns to the next best thing – champagne. Riley is ready to make his relationship with Zane public but when a university football recruiter shows interest, Riley starts having second thoughts. When Eli cancels guy’s night with Adam to hang out with Clare, Adam makes friends with Fitz.
Fiona has been seeing a therapist to deal with the trauma of Bobby's abuse but is overwhelmed with stress and anxiety and has decided to self-medicate with champagne. When Holly J.'s job requires her to come in for a later shift, Fiona has to promote the theme of the dance "A Night in Vegas" to Simpson. She comes completely drunk and dressed provocatively in a red, feathered outfit. Holly J. arrives shortly after, overwhelmed at Fiona's state. Initially, Holly J. is worried that this will affect the parent's decision on the pitch for the school dance, but the theme goes ahead.
Riley is finally ready to make his relationship with Zane official, but he's afraid that revealing his homosexuality might ruin the mood for the football match later that day. He finally builds up the courage to nominate Zane and himself for King and King for the upcoming school dance, unaware that the list of nominee's goes online. The whole school buzzing. When the football team confronts Riley, he comes out of the closet and creates a scene in which Drew surprisingly intervenes and attempts unsuccessfully to calm everybody down. Then Riley calms everyone and gets ready them for the game. Afterwards, it is shown that Degrassi won the game because of Riley. When a university football scout shows interest, Riley starts worrying about his relationship and his sexuality all over again.
Adam comes up to Eli and tells him about their plans for Guys' Night. Eli unexpectedly cancels saying that he has to do homework. Later on, Adam sees Eli at The Dot with Clare. Adam feels rejected by Eli to the point of insulting and mocking Eli to his face with Fitz whom he befriends despite Clare and Eli's warnings. Eli tries to make peace with Adam, but when he can't hang out with Adam because of previous plans with Clare, tension rises between Eli and Adam.
- This episode is named after "Purple Pills" by D12.
Regular Cast (Ordered Alphabetically)
- Raymond Ablack as Sav Bhandari
- Charlotte Arnold as Holly J. Sinclair
- Luke Bilyk as Drew Torres
- Stefan Brogren as Archie Simpson
- Munro Chambers as Eli Goldsworthy
- Annie Clark as Fiona Coyne
- Argiris Karras as Riley Stavros
- Cory Lee as Winnie Oh
- Samantha Munro as Anya MacPherson
- Aislinn Paul as Clare Edwards
- Jordan Todosey as Adam Torres
- Judah Katz as Sherm
- Shannon Kook-Chun as Zane Park
- Ben Lewis as Bobby Beckonridge
- Ramona Milano as Audra Torres
- Jake Simons as Matt Barnes
- Joy Tanner as Laura Coyne
- James Edward Campbell as Mark Fitzgerald
- Michael Kinney as Darryl Armstrong
- Janet Porter as Dr. Sandler
- Troy Taylor as Football player
- Sam Earle as K.C. Guthrie
- Jahmil French as Dave Turner
- Judy Jiao as Leia Chang
- Jamie Johnston as Peter Stone
- Alicia Josipovic as Bianca DeSousa
- Landon Liboiron as Declan Coyne
- Jajube Mandiela as Chantay Black
- AJ Saudin as Connor DeLaurier
- Melinda Shankar as Alli Bhandari
- Jessica Tyler as Jenna Middleton
- Spencer Van Wyck as Wesley Betenkamp
- Adam: "Guess what I got for guys' night."
Fitz: "Don't you need guys for that?"
- Fitz: "He probably blinded himself with too much guyliner."
Adam: "Yeah, probably listened to emo and got all emotional."
Eli: "Clever guys, another stunning display of verbal acuity."
- Eli: "Don't be such a girl."
- Fiona: "I know what works for me."
- Fiona: "Gambling is all about probability which is an aspect of math. you could say it's educational."
Holly J.:"Wow, that's good."
- Fiona: "I just didn't expect Bobby's lawyer to be Iron Lady."
- Fitz: "No guy is going to hit a girl." Adam: "I'm not a girl!"
- Fitz: "The problem is we fight with our fist and not our brains."
- Bianca: "Are we gonna do this or what?"
- Adam: "You guys are losers."
- Unknown guy: "Do you like guys?" Riley: "Yeah, I do."
- "Stranger To Me" by Hannah Georgas
- "Darkroom" by The Golden Dogs is heard when Fiona is drinking champagne in her condo.