Ryan Cooley, born May 18, 1988, is a Canadian actor best known for playing J.T. Yorke on the first 6 seasons of Degrassi: The Next Generation. Contrary to popular belief, the choice to leave Degrassi was not Ryan's. He revealed in an interview that the writers decided to kill J.T. off, and it just so happened that Ryan was thinking about leaving the show in order to go to college.
He attended the University of Toronto for drama. Before he came to Degrassi, he portrayed the lead role of Pleskit in the TV show I Was a Sixth Grade Alien, in which he co-starred with Daniel Clark and Lauren Collins. He can also be seen in Color of Friendship, Life with Derek, and a Toaster Strudel commercial. He played "Waif Kid" in the Season Seven Premiere's TV movie The Tale of the Silver Sight on the Canadian show, Are You Afraid of the Dark?. In 2014, he made his voice acting debut in BeyWarriors: BeyRaiderz voicing Task Landau.
- Ryan is a Taurus.
- Ryan formerly dated his Degrassi co-stars, Miriam McDonald and Sarah Barrable-Tishauer.
- He worked with Daniel Clark and Lauren Collins in both Degrassi and I Was a Sixth Grade Alien.
- Ryan originally auditioned for the part of Jimmy Brooks.
- Like his character, he starred in commercials and similar TV segments as a child.
- On February 28th, Ryan announced his engagement on his Instagram