Shenae Grimes, now known as Shenae Grimes-Beech, (born October 24, 1989 in Toronto, Ontario.) is a Canadian actress who is best known for her role as Darcy Edwards on Degrassi: The Next Generation. She had a recurring role on Family's Naturally, Sadie with Degrassi co-star Charlotte Arnold, who played Holly J. Sinclair on the show. Grimes was in a music video for Our Lady Peace. She also played a supporting role in True Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet. Grimes also appeared in Picture This! with fellow co-star Lauren Collins. She had a cameo in the horror film Scream 4. One of her closest friends from the series Degrassi is Sarah Barrable-Tishauer, although they only had minimal intercourse on the series. She is also still close with Cassie Steele, Miriam McDonald, and Nina Dobrev. In 2008, she also starred in 90210, a CW spinoff of Beverly Hills 90210, as one of the main characters, Annie Wilson.
- Shenae is a Scorpio.
- In 2009, she was named one of the world's most beautiful women on the People magazine.
- She has a tattoo on the right part of her ribcage which says "Myself and I".
- She won the role of Annie Wilson on 90210 after Hilary Duff declined it.
- A role as "Rebecca Harper" in the pilot Glimmer (working title for The Latest Buzz), Later, Shenae Grimes would be replaced by Zoë Belkin before the regular series had been aired. (Part 1and Part 2)
- She is the first female Degrassi actress had left the youth-oriented Family (which Canada-based DHX was owned by the network and producing live-action series such as Naturally, Sadie and The Latest Buzz, but later acquired by the franchise's studio Epitome in April 2014) and YTV networks (How to Be Indie) before Charlotte Arnold (Naturally, Sadie), Melinda Shankar (How to Be Indie), Jordan Todosey (Life with Derek), Zoë Belkin and Vanessa Morgan (The Latest Buzz), Ana Goija (Connor Undercover and What's Up Warthogs!), Niamh Wilson (Debra!), Sara Waisglass (Overruled!), and Jamie Bloch (Wingin' It).
- She and her friend were kidnapped in the 4th grade, by a father of a old friend. (A Kidnapping Story)
- She was in the music video 'All you did was save my life' by Our Lady Peace.
- She is in a short video/film. Watch it here!Behind the scenes
- Shenae wrote and performed a song called "Myself & I". Watch the video here!
- She shares a birthday with Aubrey Graham (Jimmy) although he's three years older.
- Shenae directed this video.
- According to a recent interview on E!'s Chelsea Lately, she is an atheist.
- She guest-starred on America's Next Top Model: College Edition, on the episode "The Girl Who Cries Home".
- She is now married. Her husband is Josh Beech, a British model. The couple wed on May 10, just outside of London. She later confirmed the marriage by sharing a photo on her Twitter, which was tweeted, "I now pronounce us Mr. and Mrs. Beech! Ahhh! Xx"
- She has given birth to her first child on September 27, 2018. She announced on Instagram that she has a daughter named Bowie Scarlett Beech.